Friday, August 17, 2012

School has claimed the kids back, Lana included. But we had a fun summer (interrupted as it was) between school years.


We stayed at a lodge in a waterfall park in Georgia, hiking amid white flowers, cool water we could ALMOST reach, and 768 stairs. Then we hit the road to give her time with her mom.

When I went back and brought her to Jax, Lana plunged right into a five day art camp put on by the fine art museum here. It was a hit - and I hope to have her back next summer, according to her wishes. She made a wonderful sculpture, several excellent drawings, and I'm going to frame one for her.

On the way back, after beaches, rock wall climbing, frozen yogurts galore, a shopping spree, riding bikes into the surf, chess matches and HER beating ME in Monopoly (!) we hit the road again.

This time, at the Super 8 end in Chattanooga, after donuts, we hit the amusement park as we always do. We're both addicted to the roller coaster (a good one on a wooden frame) and the bumper cars. Lana also has a penchant for getting me onto rides where I almost lose my dinner. Never used to be a problem -- am I getting old or just more sensible?

1 comment: